James and I visited the IMHX 2016 Exhibition on Thursday 15th September at the NEC, Birmingham. It’s the UK’s largest logistics event and we were amazed at the number of exhibitors and variety of forklift trucks on display.
It’s a triennial event so the next one is in 2019 and we will definitely be visiting again. IMHX is the only place where the industry’s largest players and suppliers come together under one roof to showcase their products and services. It covered 5 halls of the NEC, an area the size of nine football pitches – no wonder my feet were aching at the end of the day!
Many of the major forklift truck manufacturers were exhibiting and they included:
- Combi Lift
There was also:
- A future skills zone – highlighting the careers available to young people in Britain’s logistics sector.
- A Demonstration Zone – where intralogistics equipment was put through its paces
- An IT Pavilion – highlighting advances in this aspect of the supply chain
- A comprehensive seminar programme covering topics such as:
- Logistics in a post Brexit world
- Racking collapse – protection for the damage you don’t see.
- How currency and fuel price volatility impact on the supply chain
- Leadership and forklift safety training
The Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) was also in attendance along with other accrediting bodies such as NPORS and ITSSAR. The Fork Lift Truck Association and Fork Lift Action were also exhibiting.
James and I both agreed that there was too much to see in just one day but it was an enjoyable and informative event that we’ll both look forward to attending again in 2019.