You may or may not be aware that refresher training should be carried out every 3 years (on each type of truck that the employee holds a licence for). We remind customers of this by adding an ‘expiry date’ to our certificates and we have also started writing to customers in advance of their refresher training. As outlined on the Health and Safety Executive’s website, regular refresher training will ensure that operators:
- maintain good driving habits;
- learn new skills where appropriate;
- reassess their abilities.
Refresher training or retesting may also be appropriate in the following circumstances if employees:
- have not used trucks for some time;
- are occasional users;
- appear to have developed unsafe working practices;
- have had an accident or near miss;
- have changed their working practices or environment.
A refresher course can be carried out in one day and we can take up to three candidates per day. If you are interested in arranging a refresher course or would like to discuss your requirements further, please call us on 0800 024 8084.