A recent newsletter from the RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board) highlights why “slow and steady” always wins the race.
In brief, here are the 5 reasons which prove the point:
1. Truck Stability – less chance of tip over
2. Accuracy – correct truck positioning first time
3. Damage – reduces the risk of damage to product, trucks and infrastructure
4. General Environment Safety – forklift trucks and pedestrians do not mix well
5. Rushing leads to short cuts – short cuts lead to taking risks/incorrect operation of truck
For the full story, please click here