Today, Matt Orrin, Training Accreditation Auditor, from the Road Transport Industry Training Board visited us at our training centre to carry out our annual accreditation audit.
There is a lengthy list of requirements that need to be in place to obtain RTITB accreditation and various items are checked in detail such as:
- Publications held (eg, LOLER and PUWER guides, Approved Code of Practice)
- Documentary evidence / administration procedures (course bookings, authorisation to operate forms, test marking sheets, theory papers, GDPR paperwork)
- Instructor Register – confirmation of all instructor expiry dates
- CPD and Query Check / Training Record Review – various trainees records are checked to ensure the paperwork has been completed correctly.
- Training Facilities (eg, signage to indicate lift truck in use, emergency exits clearly marked, good lighting, floors in good condition).
- Energy Replenishment / Refuelling (eg, access to refuelling area available for all trucks with appropriate resources and PPE).
- Storage Facilities and Physical Resources (eg, check racking is bolted to floor and has appropriate safety locking pins, ensure there are sufficient number of pallets , laden and unladen, in good condition and of the same size.
- Machines / Lift Trucks (eg, ensure fit for purpose and check machines are regularly inspected).
- Classroom Facilities (eg, adequate heating, lighting and ventilation).
- Associated Knowledge Training Aids (eg, overhead projector, screen, whiteboard, flipchart).
We have a couple of outstanding actions regarding trainee records but apart from that our audit went very well and it was a pleasure to deal with Matt who is always very helpful and supportive.