RTITB Regional Members Meeting
On Monday 19th February we attended the RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board) 2018 Regional Members Meeting at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, Milton Keynes. This was a very useful morning updating us on the latest industry developments and it was good to have the opportunity to meet Laura Nelson, Managing Director of RTITB.
There were some interesting points that came out of the meeting:
- The importance of providing course eligibility for all courses other than novice. This should be proof of previous training where possible, eg certificate or ID card. The form is to be filled out only if copies of previous training are not available. This is something that often comes up during RTITB audits.
- There is a new MEWP training guide being released by the end of March 2018 and the training durations will be a lot shorter. We will provide more information on this once the guide is released.
- Further new guides will be released later in the year for the Lift Truck Instructor course and the Rough Terrain Telescopic course.
- Pallet truck videos will also be produced later this year and we were asked for feedback on which would be useful.
- There is a new app being released in April called MyRTITB TrainingFriend. This will hopefully reduce time filling out paperwork by instructors and improve accuracy when transferring information across to the NORS system. This is something we will be looking at in the future.
We found the event extremely valuable and look forward to attending future RTITB meetings.