Then join our forklift novice course w/c 11th February 2019
If you’re thinking of learning a new skill, why not become a forklift driver which will enable you to work in a variety of companies.
Forklift drivers can work at any site that has goods going in and out. This could be a warehouse, a storage facility, a factory, a construction site, an airport or docks.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- checking equipment daily and using it safely
- loading and unloading goods from lorries, ships or aircraft
- using radio frequency equipment to keep in touch with other staff
- manually handling goods when necessary
- stacking goods and moving them around in storage bays
- picking and packing orders
- completing paperwork for delivery notes and stock control
- moving loads in and out of industrial racking
With the increase in warehousing, there is a constant demand for forklift drivers. You can learn to drive a forklift truck in just a week and our next course is running on w/c 11th February at our training centre at Wroxton, near Banbury.
To find out more about what a novice course consists of, see our previous blog article
If you are interested in attending, please contact us on 0800 024 8084 or e-mail email@example.com. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate which will allow you to drive a counterbalance truck. This is an RTITB (Road Transport Industry Training Board) qualification which is nationally recognised and valid for 3 years. After 3 years you will need to complete a 1 day refresher course which is usually paid for by your employer.